We are learning about types of wood, like plywood, particleboard, redwood, basswood, and pine. We made our own plywood. Plywood is made with thin sheets of wood that are glued together. You can make some too! Here is how…
Three thin sheets of wood
pen or pencil
1. First, get three pieces of rectangular wood that are super skinny.
2. Write your name on one piece.
3. Put three drops of liquid glue on one piece of wood.
4. Smear the glue on one side with one finger all the way to the edge.
5. Take one piece of wood and stack it on the gluey piece. (Don’t put glue on your name!)
6. Make sure the edges are matched up then squish it flat!
7. Then put three dots of liquid glue on the stacked pieces. Remember to dot, dot, not a lot!
8. Spread the glue out to the edges.
9. Put your name piece of wood on top of the glue.
10. Match up the edges and SQUISH!
11. Let it dry.
Voila! You made PLYWOOD!!!